• Bachelor Dog Treats - Spago Executive Pastry Chef Sherry Yard shares her recipe with LA Weekly.
• Best of Breed Dog Biscuits - A vegetarian, vet-approved recipe at King Arthur Flour. (pictured above)
• Carob Crunchers - Doggy Dessert Chef developed this recipe for wheat-sensitive pups.
• Cinnamon Bun Bites - These treats from The Family Kitchen look so good, even we got hungry.
• Dog Biscuits - According to one of the reviewers of this Gourmet recipe, "My Great Danes loved them, so did my husband." Others said they were good with cheese! (pictured above)
• Homemade Doggie Treats - Dogs will love the bacon fat in this recipe from The Kitchn. (pictured above)
• Homemade Flax Seed Dog Biscuits - A great recipe accompanied by priceless photos from White on Rice Couple.
• Nutty Bacon Dog Treats - Dog Hill Kitchen's recipe includes bacon and maple syrup.
• Peanut Butter and Banana Dog Treats - This gluten-free recipe from Whole Foods includes parsley for breath freshening.
Lucky Dog! Wrap: Create a homemade pillow for your favorite four-legged friend. You can make this to cover an existing dog bed or try a worn sofa cushion.Raised Bed: Raised pet beds help with both fleas (they live on the floor, and can only jump so high) and warmth.
Scrappy: Sew a pet bed and zipped slipcover from scratch using fleece, muslin, fabric scraps and stuffing.Fleece Pet Cushion: Made with fleece and polyester stuffing, features fringed edges. Soft & cuddly for your furry friend!
Poochie Pillow: Made with fabric, a pillow form and poly filling. Features a pillow roll back and sides to snuggle into and rest his head on.Recycled Sweaters: Crochet pattern using old sweaters to make a cozy pet bed, uses the same technique as crocheting rag rugs.
Recycled Skirt Dog Bed: Made with a floor length A-line skirt that you can pick up from the thrift store.Oval: Sew a stuffed oval bed with pillow sides that puppy can snuggle into, lots of pictures to walk you through making this.
Replacement Filler: When the inner pillow gets wet or destroyed, no need to buy a new bed! Tutorial shows you how to make a replacement.Chic: Mattress has pillow sides with bows on each end, suitable for a 40 to 50 lb dog (resizable if needed). Pattern diagram can be downloaded (jpg file).
Upholstery Fabric Cushion: Tutorial for a stuffed cushion made with ticking and upholstery felt and a luxurious cover made from upholstery fabric (one end is zipped for easy removal).Cozy Quilted: Free pattern for making a round, patchwork pillow with a long zipper in the bottom seam for easy washing.
Fleece Pillow: Simple enough to make, made with fleece and filled with stuffing removed from pillows.DIY Bed Project: Repurpose an old wood end-table by making it into a charming cat (or dog) bed.
Hanging Scratching Paddle
Homemade Cat Sock Supplies to Make a Sock Cat Toy For this project you will need an old pair of socks you no longer want and a pair of scissors. Find Two Socks To get started – dig through the laundry bin and find two old stinky and hole-filled socks you no longer want. Note – the socks do not necessarily have to match – so long as they are socks you no longer want! Tie and Cut the Socks Next, overlap two the socks at the center and tie the two socks together into tight knots. Using your scissors, cut all four sock ends into little strips at the end of each sock end to create a string effect on all four ends. This will give your kitty a place to grab at, chew on, and roll around in when playing with the toy.
We are almost done with STAR testing. Third grade will test on Tuesday ONLY. Second grade will test on Tuesday AND Wednesday. Remember to have a really great breakfast every morning, at least 8 hours of sleep, stir the brain in the morning by reading a fun book or magazine article, and arrive to school on time so the brain is better prepared! Below is a video reminder of
Here are some ideas to help with the pet project...
Search for Content
Second & Third Grade Teacher
River's SooShee Blog
Bergen's Awesome Website
Parker's Awesome Writing
Ava's Learning Site
Elia's Awesome Writing Weebly
Lucia is Awesome
Rocco's Sushi Tree
Riley's Awesome Website
Kacey's Awesome Writing
Grant's Sushi Website
Skylar Loves Horses
Jude's Awesome Writing
Kailea's Crazy Cool Work Blog
Jacob's Awesome Blog
Ryder is Awesome Guy in School
Ingrid Crazy Awesome Fun Work Blog
Maddie's Fantastic Website
Joe's Fantastic Writing